Friday, March 15, 2013

Bridal Veil Post Office



I should probably start of by explaining a little about the relocation over here. My husband was offered a job, and he accepted. The company had flown us both over for him to interview him, and we both liked what we saw. The offer came with a good relocation package that moved us out here in good time and helped us considerably with the entire process.

He is, um, well, he is massively paranoid justly concerned about safety, so lets just say for the purposes of this Blog he is called TJ. When I first met him, he was wearing a baseball hat, and I thought he looked like TJ from Recess. 

Right, so TJ and I have actually already been married twice (to each other). First we went to the court house in NY, and then we had a small ceremony in Brooklyn. His family is American, and mine is mostly all from England. So we are having a third (and final) wedding in May this year. So while I refer to him as my husband, he isn't really in the eyes of God, because we haven't had the church ceremony yet. 

We relocated at a pretty difficult time for us personally, planning this wedding in England, and just generally it all happened very fast. So I was making our invitations and trying to get them letterpressed, and sent out so they could all arrive giving guests the appropriate amount of time to consider and respond. I designed them in Brooklyn, had them printed, and shipped to his parent's house in NJ then calligraphed the envelopes and brought them in my hand luggage to post in Oregon. Don't get me started about return addresses. We didn't have one and it made me want to scream.

The point of this post is that we got to mail them from Oregon. And when we had been here for the interview we had taken this trip up the Columbia River Gorge and passed all these beautiful waterfalls and then stumbled across this magical post office.

So we took this wonderful trip back there to mail our invites! This post office is tiny, and the village literally only has this one small wooden building to mark its existence. The lady inside was so lovely and friendly, and she sold us some pretty stamps (roses, butterflies) and hand stamped the envelopes herself. Because TJ was such a good sport at this obscene romantic indulgence, I let him buy some Muscle Car stamps for our personal use.

All in all the trip was delightful and we stopped by the Multnomah Falls for another breathtaking waterfall, before headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment