Friday, March 22, 2013

Photography: Baby bump in Portland


I'm trying to develop my photography skills. I am trying to go beyond Instagram... daring I know. I love instagram, by the way.  I just want to learn how to use a real camera. Aperture, Depth of field, Shutter speed, etc. 

I'm looking for some basic classes, and I have found a few places that offer them. Pro Photo has some, PNCA has continuing education classes and also New Space has some too. I just need to pick one. I'm very excited to start this new chapter of my life!

Before I left I took some maternity pictures for my friend Jenn, who is due very soon. See above. I was happy with the light in that picture and she looks like such a beauty with her bump. So stunning. Maternity pictures are so gentle and sweet.

This week, my friend Vita was in town visiting her sister for the Persian Naw Ruz celebration. I took some bump pics of here when she was over at my apartment having a chat. I love bump pictures. There is something quite intimate and feminine about them. My computer is still in transit so I couldn't do any post production on this (the wrinkle on the bump!) But I love the colors and the shadow. 

I can't wait to learn how to use my camera properly! 



Ps. A short Marmite update: I ordered some from Amazon for a staggering $11.66. It arrived this afternoon. I am so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment