Thursday, March 21, 2013

Friend Interview. Frinterview.


Moving to Portland and not knowing a soul is a bit intimidating. But it didn't stop me. I figured I would meet people and stay in touch with friends separated by distance.

My experience is that everyone knows someone in the Pacific Northwest. Some people know people in Portland. They are all always very happy to connect you. This morning I met this wonderful Portland based photographer Ashley Forrette. We had a long chat over a cup of earl grey tea. She stumbled into photography as a hobby and now is a full-time photographer based in Portland. I love her images, they are so light kissed and happy.

She told me about a number of exiting creative happenings around Portland that I am excited to check out. The Portland Art Museum hosts free lectures by photographers, gallerists, historians, curators, and collectors every month. You bring a lunch and meet interesting people. It's a winning combo if you ask me!


No comments:

Post a Comment