Thursday, March 21, 2013

Expat Rants: Where is the Marmite?

I would love a Marmite sandwich, why thank you.

So yes, there is a food theme with this blog, and you will have to forgive me about that. Being a stay-at-home-plus-one, I only have a few things I absolutely have to do to not FAIL the day.

1. Walk Dexter
2. Make sure there is food to eat. Or at least a dinner plan for when TJ returns after a hard days work
3. This is the vaguely 'creative' sphere of yoga - friend search - photography - job hunt - etc I don't have to do all of these but I should probably pick one.

*Postscript on negative points
-1. Any watching of Netflix series (eg Walking Dead) beyond one episode means I score one negative point and must do one more activity listed on 3.

There is a little insight into my current philosophy. Right, back to food.

I have been craving Marmite, and have look everywhere and cannot find it. Why is this? Usually, even in the smallest of towns, there is a small pot of over priced Marmite on their shelves. I have been to 5 big supermarkets and have been cruelly rejected. What is Marmite? Marmite is the one thing I want that I cannot have. So I want it even more.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? I need it on my toast. Anyone have any hints on where to find Marmite in Portland, OR? I am suffering from a vitamin b12 deficiency and need help.


1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: For those of you searching for "Marmite Portland Oregon" on google, please rest assured, you can buy it at Cost Plus World Market - Burnside and NW 23rd. xo

    ReplyDelete