Friday, March 15, 2013

Corporate Housing. Next to Wholefoods.



Corporate Housing in Portland. Well. It's like a hotel. The entrance smells like fancy hand cream and has a small art gallery.  They serve coffee in the morning and tea in the evening and I just love hot drinks, so this is a big deal for me. Welcome to the Pearl District, Portland Oregon.

The large one bedroom at the Louisa we have - its huge compared to our place in Brooklyn. This place is in a neighborhood called The Pearl, which as far as I can tell, is the TriBeCa of Portland. I will be slowly exploring this area block by block.

So the size of this place. I mean it has a room dedicated to a washer /dryer. I can go in there and close the door. I could actually take a nap if I wanted. In NYC this room would be sold as a second bedroom.  It makes me realize that this decision to move was a good one, and it brings me comfort. It is my happy place. My other happy place is in the kitchen where there is a dishwasher.

We are here for a month until we find our own place... but in the mean time, I will enjoy my high end finishes and walk in wardrobe thank you very much! I am playing what I refer to as 'someone else's life' as this is the first time I have lived in a NEW building like this, in such a trendy area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment